Who is A.J. Frank, CFP®?
- College for Financial Planning, 1991
- Certificate in individual income tax preparation, H&R Block, 1990
- Duke University, B.A., 1972 – Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Self-employed in private professional practice since 1991
- Associate in fee-only financial planning practice, 1987-1991
- Prior career in sales and marketing of consumer housewares and food products; translator of French, Spanish and Russian
- Certified Financial Planner® licensee, Registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Registered Investment Advisor, California Department of Corporations
- Member, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Board Member, San Diego Society of the ICFP (predecessor of the FPA),1991-1993, 1997-1999
- Member, San Diego Women’s Foundation since 2005,Board Member 2008-Present
What is Financial Planning?
Personal financial planning is an ongoing process of coordinating all of your personal and financial goals into an organized, structured plan of action. The process begins with the identification of your specific goals, needs, problems and resources.
Analysis is then performed in these areas, and decisions are made as to the strategies for resolving problems and achieving target goals. Implementation involves making the necessary decisions, measuring the outcome and progressing toward your objectives.
Why Work With a Financial Planner?
The financial planning process can be carried out with or without the assistance of a professional advisor. However, it may be preferable to use a professional advisor who can be more objective about your situation. Proper planning also requires an understanding of financial matters, products, techniques and technical skills as well as access to up-to-date information on tax laws, investment and insurance products and other disciplines involved in the planning process. In this way, the planner often works with other professional advisors to coordinate strategies specific to your plan of action.
CFP ® and Certified Financial Planner ® are trademarks of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards